Sunday, March 1, 2009

Suggestion Uncle Sam; Fish Picture



Uncle Sam, we finally got out and went fishing. I say “got out” because I am usually cleaning the garage, slaving in Mark’s office or working some other heavy labor job. I didn’t take a ton of pictures but I spent a fair amount of time on this one. I tried to make it as busy as a fish picture can be. I added the canyon, river, grass and fly rod in an attempt to give more to the picture. I should also say that my dad caught this fish and not me (not to say that I couldn’t have caught as many big fish as I wanted) but sometimes there is more to fishing than catching fish, and for that matter more to life than getting scholorships! This picture was taken in the Klamath River Canyon at ISO-200, f/3.5, 24mm, and 1/60 sec. Thanks for the suggestion Uncle Sam I am looking forward to many more creative propositions. My picture of the week, repetition portraits, will come on Wednesday. Have a good week and remember to "keep your stick on the ice".

6 comments:

  1. B-Dog,
    I like the fish picture, but I think adding Dad in the background with a content look on his face would contribute a sense of completeness. I want pictures of spring so I can be reminded that it really is comming.

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh. Are you not planning on getting any scholarships or something? By the way, I love the new song, it's one of my favs. Thanks for the fun time in Oregon. Can't wait to see you guys again in a couple weeks, this time we can really party though, because you will all be out of school for a bit!! YAY. I'm making some sweet plans for the week of the 22nd too. Oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian- I'm honored to have a post addressed directly to me. I love the fish picture. I feel like you really captured what you said in your post about "...sometimes there is more to fishing than catching fish..." although true this is typically what you say when you get skunked. Words spoken to either remind yourself or to say others who might question you fishing prowess. Great picture, and don't give up on the fishing:)
    -Uncle Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really digging that picture. It brings back a few memories. I am thinking of a long hike that Nathan took me on there, or how about when I out fished him. Good times.
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, dude isn't it about time that you updated this. New picture of the week? What's up? You know you're missin' out by not coming here next week. Guess I'll just have to dominate you in basketball and throw one down on you back home. ye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian, How about birds in flight? That should be a challenge.
    Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete