Sunday, February 1, 2009

Picture of the week; Sylvia's Eye



It's been said that there is more to life than just photography, but after this last photo shoot I am not sure what more there could be. This week I was able to borrow my uncle Mark's sweet macro lens a 60mm f/2.8 and it worked perfectly for my purposes. For this picture of the week I decided to use both the idea of macro and reflection, the result was pretty cool. This is Sylvia’s eye reflecting her backyard. This picture would have been even better if I had reflected something cool like a person onto her eye but I decided that I would not be able to duplicate this (because of quality) and I left it as it was. This picture was taken at ISO 100 f/4.5 60mm and 1/250 sec. Next weeks picture of the week will be black and white landscapes. I will try to replicate the photography, done by photography genius Ansel Adams. Below are the photos that did not make the cut for picture of the week.

Macro Photos






2 comments:

  1. Wow Brian! I'm seriously impressed. I need to take lessons. Looks like fun. That's a sweet pic of Sylv's eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, where do you pull these sick skills out of? You need to come out here so you can perfect your abilities!

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete