Sunday, February 8, 2009

Picture of the Week; The Canal



Well my black and white landscapes quickly turned into black and white farm photography. I decide to go just down the road to the barn on the corner and trespass to take my pictures. Even though the sky was not just right for black and white photography I think that these turned out pretty good. It would have been better if the clouds would have been a little more defined and the sky a little more blue. I chose this picture because first of all I can't get away from reflections and second it has so much to it, from the mountains in the background to the main focus of the weeds in the front. This photo was taken at ISO 200 f/3.5 24mm and 1/200 sec. Next weeks pictures will be silhouettes, I am really excited for this and hope to show people that there is more to photography if only we would just look for it. Below are the pictures that did not make the cut for picture of the week.

6 comments:

  1. Sweet, but where's the rejects? Can't wait for you to come take some pics of the girls next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. Frame it and send it to me, it remids me of home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet photo!!! Where is that at? It totally reminds me of pheasant hunting there along the ditchbank. Right on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brain, we had no idea that you were a blogger now. I look forward to checking out all your photos. How about next family reunion you teach us a few tricks...I mean those of us w/ the lamo point and shoot cameras. P.S. Love your layed back tunes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! I will probably say that EVERY WEEK! You are very talented. I'm excited to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Lucy, Kate and I are going to leave bright and eaerly in the morning. We are excited to come and leave our kitchen that is a disaster in hopes that it will be all fixed up when we get back. Can't wait to come! Sweet and Sour Meatballs?

    ReplyDelete